Saturday, July 20, 2013

Summer Adventure 2013- Day 6

Today was Dean's STEP 2 CS in Philadelphia so I got to hang out in the city by myself for the day. I spent a ton of time in Starbucks enjoying some delicious treats and knitting. I finally got brave around 10 and decided to take the subway to a local yarn shop. It was a small trek of a few blocks from the subway stop in the heat wave to Loop, but it was definitely worth it. The shop was a perfect mix a friendly staff (native Arkansan!) and excellent yarn selection. They had a variety of high end yarn that was beautiful to look at and touch. I ended up getting some local hand dyed for myself and Amanda (who we are staying with in NYC in a few days). The colors and the quality of the yarn were just to die for. The yarn was definitely calling to me! The shop worker (from Arkansas) recommended a local spot for lunch called Honey's Sit 'n Eat just a block or 2 up from the store. I had the triple decker Grilled Cheese with tomato. It was fantastic! They said their brunch is one of the best in the city. Someday we'll have to give it a try.
After lunch I walked several more blocks to another yarn shop, Rosie's Yarn Cellar. This was a cute little store with a great selection of yarn. I found a couple of skeins of Savannah DK from The Fibre Company which is quite yummy and not something I have seen in Arkansas. I really liked the store and enjoyed visiting. After that it was almost time for Dean to be finished with his test so I headed back to the subway by walking through Rittenhouse square and then up to Independence Hall (the lawn was all torn up so there wasn't much to see without going into the actual building and around the other side from the subway). So I went back to Starbucks near Drexel and waited for Dean. When he finished and met up with me we went to eat at Baby Blue's BBQ where Dean had the Razorback lunch special. A great day in Philly!

No comments:

Post a Comment